Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Summer of Harry Potter

This has been a most excellent summer filled with magic. I have dubbed it "the Summer of Harry Potter." Honestly these past couple months, have been incredible! To kick of the summer, I took a May course at my university titled "The Sociology of Harry Potter." It was a semester worth of material crammed into three weeks of nothing but Harry Potter. Plus it was educational! I learned so much about our world by comparing it to something I'm familiar and comfortable with. 
Next I spent June and the beginning of July, listening to wizard rock, watching AVPM and AVPS, and rereading the books. Plus there was a ton of stalkage of the cast of the movies. 
On July 9, I flew down to Orlando, Florida to attend LeakyCon 2011 from July 13-17. A description of all the amazing things would take a post for each day of the best week of my life. 
And we absolutely cannot forget, at 6:30 pm July 14, 2011, the final chapter of the HP movies began early for LeakyCon attendees. This next bit contains spoilers so beware!
I cried from Snape's death to the end of the credits. It was so good, so powerful, and I couldn't have asked for a better end to this chapter of my life. To be sitting in a theatre with hundreds of other Harry Potter fans, sobbing, cheering, laughing was so bloody fantastic! During the credits when I still hadn't stop crying, I walked up to another sobbing girl and asked if I could sit and cry with her. Once the final Warner Bros. logo came up, we hugged, and parted our ways.
So now I'm sitting on a couch, encouraged that Harry Potter will never die. As long as the fans are still there to sing, read, watch, and laugh, Harry Potter will continue to grow and to do amazing things. 
So I kept thinking, where do I go from here? I have decided that the rest of July to August, I will learn the guitar and start a wrock band, vlog about my experiences, and connect with other fans.
Oh and who can forget Pottermore? So I'll see you in October :) or if we are the lucky Beta group at the end of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment