Sunday, February 20, 2011

Please Reserve Your Judgment Until After the Post

Today, someone I have never had a personal conversation with called me judgmental. I just couldn't believe it honestly. We know of each other. Our friends hang out in a group together, but the extent of our conversations have been homework and weekend plans.
Hearing this really bothered me. I have trouble getting close to people. It might seem like I just babble, but everything I tell people is carefully planned. He might think he knows things about me, but he doesn't know anything really. And then I started thinking, why would he think I'm judgmental? He knows I'm a Christian, I have never had a drink, never smoked, never done drugs, never had sex, never done a lot of things. But since when did having personal opinons mean you judged people who didn't hold the same opinions?
I think that's the great misconception the world holds today. It's dangerous. It's dangerous to believe that someone judges you because they don't do the things you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment